You are about to present your iPhone’s ($599 at Apple) boring default dwelling display screen a reboot. Or perhaps you simply received a brand new . Customization has by no means been Apple’s factor, however the lastly makes it potential to mess around together with your interface, from the scale and colour of your icons to a wallpaper that may tie into the entire theme. (And listed here are the .) Creating an , however you must observe a number of steps to make it occur, with assistance from two apps.
After that, you’ll be able to go bananas making an attempt out completely different themes and perfecting the feel and appear.
Learn on and we’ll present you tips on how to customise the best way your iPhone’s dwelling display screen icons look, give them utterly completely different names and alter their measurement and colour — with out rooting or jail-breaking your iPhone or working skins and launchers. Prepared? Let’s start.
Easy methods to change the best way your app icons look on iPhone
The brand new iOS 14 replace lastly permits you to customise apps to your liking. Here is how.
1. Open the Shortcuts app in your iPhone (it is already preinstalled).
2. Faucet the plus icon within the prime proper nook.
3. Choose Add Motion.
4. Within the search bar, kind Open app and choose the Open App app.
5. Faucet Select and choose the app you wish to customise. For instance, Fb, Spotify or the Messages app.
6. Faucet the three dots within the higher proper nook. From right here, give the shortcut a reputation and faucet Add to House Display screen.
7. The place it says House Display screen Identify and Icon, rename the shortcut to something you would like.
8. Subsequent, go to the Safari app to discover a new icon picture. You may seek for one thing just like the Fb icon aesthetic. Whenever you discover a picture you want, put it aside to your pictures.
9. Return to the Shortcuts app and faucet the present icon. Choose Select Picture and faucet on the picture you simply saved. You may zoom in or out on the picture. Faucet Select.
10. Faucet Add.
Now you may have custom-made apps in your cellphone. The unique apps will stay on the cellphone, however you’ll be able to retailer them in a folder.
Change your iPhone dwelling display screen design utilizing the Widgetsmith app
You not have to take a look at rows of apps in your iPhone anymore. Here is tips on how to change up your house display screen view utilizing an app.
1. Obtain the Widgetsmith app in your iPhone.
2. Within the app, choose the scale of the widget you’d wish to customise — your choices are small, medium and huge.
3. Faucet the widget to customise it. You may change the font and colours. Faucet Save once you’re completed.
4. Go to your house display screen and maintain and press down on an app. Faucet Edit House Display screen.
5. Faucet the plus icon within the prime left nook and seek for Widgetsmith. Faucet the icon.
6. Choose the widget measurement you would like so as to add to your house display screen and faucet Add Widget.
7. You may change the widget by urgent down on the app and deciding on Edit Widget. That is all! Now your house display screen has completely different sized icons for a custom-made look.
Be aware that right now, you’ll be able to solely customise the next apps: Climate (with a premium subscription), Calendar, World Time, Reminders, Well being, Astronomy, Tides (with a premium subscription) and Photographs.
Need to know extra in regards to the new iOS 14.4 replace? Try(the brand new widget in your iPhone) and . Additionally, check out and these .